Fall Monastic Training
Join us this season as Bodhi Manda Zen Center hosts its annual Fall Zen Buddhist Monastic/Contemplative Program. This is a one month program designed to help set aside the concerns of the external world and every day conflicts to experience Zen Buddhism. Enter into Zen Buddhist practices and find contemplation, manifestation, and insight into one’s self.
The program begins October 26th through November 25th, 2017.
The following is a description of the events you can expect to take place during this period:
- Introduction and Instructions: October 25th – 27th
- 7 day silent mediation retreat: October 28th – November 4th
- The teachers leading this retreat will be Koshin Chris Cain, Abbot of Puget Sound Zen Center, and Hosen Christiane Ranger, Abbess of Bodhi Manda Zen Center. It is a great honor to have Koshin join us for this event and we are all grateful and appreciative of his participation.
- We will also be reading and learning from Zen Master Hakuin’s Song of Zazen text during the retreat’s daily Dharma talks.
- Ongoing daily practice: November 4th – November 25th
- This includes early rising, chanting, zazen meditation, work practice, silent meals, and an evening meditation program.
- November 19th – 25th: 7 day retreat commemorating Shakyamuni Buddha’s Awakening
For information and reservation contact Bodhi Manda Zen Center either by phone or by email.